copy and paste into terminal

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 30 13:16:33 UTC 2010

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 06:09:57 -0700 (PDT)
Robert Schwab <rschwab at ymail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Another rookie question. When I am getting advice online, I am given
> a string of directions to write into a terminal. How do I copy and
> paste. On a regular compter, Control C, Control V works---what's the
> drill with Ubuntu directions into a terminal. Thanks
>
> Robert Schwab

Highlighting copies, middle-click (or, having no middle button,
clicking both buttons at once) pastes.  Usually.  I find I need a
clipboard manager (Glipper, Klipper, or, my own favorite, Parcellite
(probably more)) to make this work regularly.

That said, you can also highlight and then drag and drop.

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs