XP inside 10.04

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Fri Jul 30 13:10:56 UTC 2010

Bob Hickey wrote:
> I need XP for my Kodak printer and Canon camera, but XP doesn't play
> well with others. I read there's a way to install XP inside my 10.04
> and possibly gain some reliability. Anybody know how? Thanx a lot;

You could install virtualbox and then install XP inside a virtual
machine. As your printer and camera probably are connected via USB, you
would need the PUEL version which you can download from [1]. If you want
to share your printer with the Ubuntu host, you should probably select
bridge mode networking (not the default NAT) for the network interface
of the virtual machine.

Nils

[1] <http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads>