System Shutting Down Unexpectedly (Ubuntu 10.04)

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 00:32:07 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 16:56 -0700, NoOp wrote:
> On 07/28/2010 04:30 PM, Tom Browder wrote:
> > A few weeks ago my desktop system started shutting down into some kind
> > of sleep state.  In order to get it running again I have to push the
> > power on, then power off, and power on again.

Oh yes, on my ASUS motherboard, the SATA cable connection to the
motherboard does not take kindly to being jarred. I finally had to put a
touch of silcone glue to the male/female connection to hold it solidly
in place. The dealer showed me that trick, as he had experience with
that problem on multiple previous customers. So, if the harddrive is
unconnected, she'll go to "sleep". Just my two cents worth, Ric