I want to configure a server

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 20:53:53 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 15:16 +0200, Freddy Van Ingelgom wrote:
> Hello,
> I plan to configure a server that should act as a file server, backup
> server, egroupware server, email (IMAP) server and print server, and
> act also as my gateway to the internet.
> I have some (small) experience with setting up a server, but I wonder
> if you have some experience in that field that you would like to
> share?
> egroupware and Imap server is troubeling me most, as I have no
> experience with the first and only limited experience with the second.
> Thanks for your help!
> Freddy

Yes, egroupware will make you crazy. It was a moment of pure pleasure
when I nuked it. Imap is a dinosaur, that those who have mastered it,
use it. Those that haven't, cringe in abject terror just looking at it.
It really needs to be completely re-written by a normal sane person, who
knows nothing about emacs and vi. It should have gui's, that a simple
minded user could navigate without chain-smoking a pack of Little
Cigars, as I have done. :) Ric