any tool which monitor my cpu temperature and shutdown my machine automatically

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Wed Jul 28 17:36:48 UTC 2010

On 7/28/10 12:12 PM, ms wrote:
> On 25/07/10 23:15, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
>> On 7/25/10 12:12 PM, loody wrote:
>>> hi:
>>> Can this tool also automatically shutdown my machine if the
>>> temperature over the limit?
>>> appreciate your help,
>>> miloody
>>>

>> You don't need to worry about that loody, all machines within the last
>> (almost decade now) will automatically shut down if their thermal
>> sensors detect the processor go above the manufacture set maximum temp
>> which would cause damage to the CPU.  They also won't turn on if they
>> detect that no fan is running (this has been the last couple years in
>> all mother boards,) if the fan shut down (within the last couple years,)
>> and some boards will even detect if the temperature of the entire board
>> + CPU is rising at a steady rate above normal (as sort of a secondary
>> diagnostic to double check the first two ~ this is very rare and mostly
>> only workstations and motherboards do this as they are critical).
>>

> Not entirely accurate. My laptop suffers of an obscure bug that
> sometimes prevents it to suspend correctly -the machine does not suspend
> but the fans go off. In this case, I have to immediately shut down to
> avoid the temperature going too high.
>
> m.

Seems more like a manufacturers problem, specifically with their bios
you also have to understand that mobile processors do have a higher
tjunction (sometimes) a way higher tjunction, and what you might assume
is hot might not actually be hot.  Most people inaccurately temp laptops
because the ambient temperature is so high.