Adobe flash

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 28 07:36:50 UTC 2010

On 28/07/10 16:50, Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
> On 27 July 2010 23:50, Karl Larsen<klarsen1 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Â  Â  Â  Â  I am not like your Physicist. I try hard to ask a really clear
>> question of this list and Bingo someone came up with the right solution.
>> It was a guy I do not see regular on this list but he sure knows all
>> about Firefox. And when I asked my question right he said look in Tools
>> Add-ons Extentions and turn off every thing I could not understand. That
>> was both files and like magic now my Firefox  3.6.8 works fine. I
>> learned a lot too.
>>
> You are right. You are like a elephant in a china shop. Having an
> add-on which blocks Flash and then complaining none of the Flash-based
> sites won't work is a good one. I should keep this thread for a
> submission to DailyWTF.

To begin with, an Add-on is just that- an Add-on, and is not installed
by default in Firefox; you need to deliberately install it.

And one doesn't install an Add-on without knowing what it does.

And the problem has nothing to do with FlashBlock - all Flashblock does
is to place a symbol/icon for you to click on if you want to accept the
Flash app.

Think about that.

It is NoScript which is the Add-on which you need to pay attention to.

Read what NoScript does.

BC

--
A man kept complaining about not having shoes to wear - until he saw a man with no legs.