gconfd-2 in lucid Solved!

Stephen Michael Kuhn yank.down.under at gmx.com
Wed Jul 28 02:37:59 UTC 2010

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 12:11:39 pm Art Edwards wrote:
> Thanks very much for the response.
>
> It turns out that my culprit was the polkit authentication tool that is
> part of the start-up programs. For some reason, even though I am using
> gnome, the kde polkit tool was inserted into the startup menu.
> Apparently, I am still configured to use metacity in kde (I have never
> actually logged into the KDE environment. I'm just using some kde tools.)
>
> The solution was to change the startup command from
> /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/polkit-kde-authentication-agent-1
> /usr/lib/policykit-1-gnome/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1
>
> Now, my persistent cpu usage is negligible.
>
> Art Edwards

Coolbeans, mate.
KDE? Hmm...used to be a deskslop environment called that once a while
ago...can't be quite sure...have to check in the old Gnome forums...
:)

--
.:yankdownunder aka s.m.kuhn aka Elf:.

... The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get
to know each other.
		-- Kirk, "Elaan of Troyius", stardate 4372.5