internet radio

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 27 22:01:09 UTC 2010

On 07/27/2010 03:43 AM, R Kimber wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 20:25:31 +0100
> R Kimber wrote:
>
>> > Try Streamtuner. It's in the repositories, you can install it from
>> > Synaptic or the Software Centre.
>> >
>> > Personally, I don't like internet radio that plays through a webpage -
>> > as you're discovering, it is error-prone and fragile.
>>
>> Thanks for the suggestion it looks useful.
>
> Though I see that two of the plugins (Live365 and SHOUTcast) don't work, and
> that development seems to have stopped.
>
> Is there a good alternative?

streamtuner2

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/streamtuner/+bug/107311
[shoutcast list is empty]
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/streamtuner/+bug/107311/comments/15>
http://sourceforge.net/projects/streamtuner2/files/
streamtuner2-2.0.5.deb

Download & doubleclick to install :-)
You'll then find it in Applications|Sound...|streamtuner2

Shoutcast works, Xiph.org works, MyOggRadio Works, Jamendo works,
punkcast works, but Live365, InternetRadio, comes up as 'no contents
found on directory server'. Google lists stations but doesn't play
(probably need to configure an alternate player that Audacious?), and
basic.ch sits at 'loading http://basic.ch/playlist.xml' probably a
config issue as well.