Firefox 3.6.8 and Thunderbird 3.0.6

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 19:11:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 00:05 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
> On 27/07/10 23:49, Karl Larsen wrote:
> >       Got a large update to Firefox and Thunderbird this morning. I
> > rebooted the computer. Both Firefox and Thunderbird when coming up
> > talked about external drivers and the the system loaded. I checked and
> > clicking a URL in a message on Thunderbird brings the URL up on Firefox
> > automatic.
> >
> >       Thunderbird appears to be working just as it was. I went to the
> > java test web page with Firefox and it said I have java installed, but
> > recommended a later version. I went to some movie trailers on a NY Times
> > page and Firefox could not open them. This indicates a loss of the Adobe
> > Flash files.
> >

> I just went to the NY Times site and watched 2 videos - so Firefox can
> open them without hassles.
>
> Which add-ons do you have installed on Firefox? Do you have NoScript
> installed? If so, do you know how to use it?

I >THINK< I figured out one of the problems. I could no longer access
PBS videos, even while using the older firefox, and once I disabled
Flash Block, I could get to viewing the videos. Seems like some websites
aren't gonna give you a free ride unless you allow them to bend you
over. Try the same site with Flash Block disabled. See what happens.
Just go into tools/addons and disable the whole thing,  Karl.
Ric