Adobe flash

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Tue Jul 27 13:30:09 UTC 2010

On 07/27/2010 08:11 AM, Frans Ketelaars wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 07:38:11 +1200, chris wrote:
>

>> On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 06:50:54 -0600
>> Karl Larsen<klarsen1 at gmail.com>  wrote:

>>>           I found on my 10.04 that each update of Firefox borks
>>> the flash drivers :-(
>>>

>>>       Last week ANOTHER Firefox update, and it stopped displaying
>>> movies of all types on version 3.6.7 so I went back to:
>>>
>>> http://www.uluga.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1520934
>>>
>>> and found the one to use and removed the old non-working flash drivers
>>> and then loaded new drivers. It worked and after a reboot it now works
>>> great again :-)
>>>
>>> Firefox is a complete loss unless you have that URL. Too bad since it
>>> works ok for the non movie stuff.
>>>
>>> 73 Karl
>>>

>> That url apparently refers to 64 bit
>> I am using 32 bit.  Why did you post this url? Chris
>>
> Post #5 from that thread points to
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/161939/
>
> Use at your own risk!
>
> Also in that thread posts #2 and #6 indicate it worked on 32 bit.
>
> Good luck!
>
>      -Frans

I have 64 bit (K)Ubuntu and flash in Firefox was "iffy" at best.
Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. For me it wasn't a big
issue, more a minor annoyance.

I tried the Flash-Aid addon and it reported that 64 bit flash wasn't
supported and it did whatever the heck it does and installed 32 bit. So
far it has been working. That's not a glowing endorsement because I
haven't done much that needed flash plugins so far. Your Mileage May Vary.