Adobe flash

Barry Premeaux bpremeaux at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 03:45:50 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 12:15 AM, chris <chevhq at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Using Ubuntu 10.4 32bit, on a pent 3, one gig ram.  Everything
> running well except with fire fox v 3.6.7, adobe flash is crashing
> Have googled extensively, and found many references to 64 bit, but
> not 32.
> Any ideas suggestions thoughts greatly appreciated
>
> Cheers the kiwi

I am running 9.10 on my desktop and 10.4 on my older laptop.  After
recent updates for firefox 3.6.7, I started having issues with some
sites causing firefox to crash.  I fired up the laptop and went
through the same updates and had no issues.  I tried several possible
fixes for the desktop and nothing worked.  I finally saved my
bookmarks, renamed .mozilla and did a reinstall on the latest version
of firefox.  Everything started working again.  I am assuming that
there was something in the cache (even after clearing it) or the
configuration was corrupted during the update.  You might consider the
same thing with firefox/Adobe Flash Media player.  If his problem
occurred after the firefox update, he may be dealing with corrupted
config files.

Just a thought.

Barry