ubuntu for the visually impaired?

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Mon Jul 26 22:24:55 UTC 2010

On 7/26/10 4:31 PM, chris hallsworth wrote:
> Hi all, I use Vinux inside a virtual machine and use Windows as my
> primary operating system. I think Vinux is an excellent version of
> Ubuntu for the visually impaired and I look forward to further
> developments with the project. The place to download Vinux is
> www.vinux.org.uk. Standard Ubuntu can be used by the visually impaired,
> however Vinux has the visually impaired configuration set up by default.
> So there is no need to set the accessibility options in Orca like you
> have to for Standard Ubuntu.

Your top posting aside, I want to thank you for sending a link and
pointing out Vinux, I will be installing it today and doing an audit to
see if it's legit as I've been looking for a solution to give to people
who ask me about Visually impaired solutions and using a pre-built
solution would be far faster for me than setting up Ubuntu to do it,
would save me about an hour or so.