Adobe flash

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 26 15:34:27 UTC 2010

On 26/07/10 22:50, Karl Larsen wrote:
> On 07/26/2010 01:15 AM, chris wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Using Ubuntu 10.4 32bit, on a pent 3, one gig ram.  Everything
>> running well except with fire fox v 3.6.7, adobe flash is crashing
>> Have googled extensively, and found many references to 64 bit, but
>> not 32.
>> Any ideas suggestions thoughts greatly appreciated
>>
>> Cheers the kiwi
>>

>           I found on my 10.04 that each update of Firefox borks the flash
> drivers :-(
>

>       Last week ANOTHER Firefox update, and it stopped displaying movies
> of all types on version 3.6.7 so I went back to:
>
> http://www.uluga.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1520934
>
> and found the one to use and removed the old non-working flash drivers
> and then loaded new drivers. It worked and after a reboot it now works
> great again :-)
>
> Firefox is a complete loss unless you have that URL. Too bad since it
> works ok for the non movie stuff.

Karl, I simply do not know if you actually have Ubuntu 10.04, Lucid,
installed as you claim or if you are simply imagining that you have
Ubuntu 10.04, Lucid, installed; or perhaps you are imagining that you
have Firefox installed - perhaps you have some other browser installed
but haven't yet realised that this is so?

My Firefox - and my wife's - was upgraded to 3.6.7 and I - we - didn't
have this nonsensical problem which you mention above. The upgrade was
done, and everything worked perfectly after the upgrade.

You aren't using some gas-powered, or ethanol-powered for that matter,
version of Firefox, or even Ubuntu, by any chance?

BC

--
A man kept complaining about not having shoes to wear - until he saw a man with no legs.