Thunderbird 3.0.5 in Ubuntu 10.04

Markus Schönhaber ubuntu-users at list-post.mks-mail.de
Mon Jul 26 11:38:06 UTC 2010

26.07.2010 12:47, Sam Przyswa:

> Since I upgraded to Ubuntu 10.04 my Thunderbird 3.0.5 import ALL my IMAP
> mail folders on my laptop and my ~/.thunderbird folder grows now up to
> 19Gb and my disk is full !
>
> How to fix it ?

With Thunderbird 3 the default for IMAP accounts was changed to
downloading the entire messages and not only the headers.
There's a configuration variable you can set to revert that. I can't
reach kb.mozillazine.org atm, therefore I'm not sure what exactly it was.
But, independently from the default, you can configure the behaviour per
IMAP account: Go to the account settings and there to "Synchronisation &
Storage". You can change the download settings for the entire account or
even on a per folder basis.

--
Regards
  mks