wma files quit playing

Thomas tfultz33 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 05:31:54 UTC 2010

When I first installed Karmic I installed codecs that play all kinds of
files. I was able to play wma files in Rhythmbox and Totem. After a few
weeks and a security update (have no idea what they were) and installing
kino, avidemux, and libdvdcss2 and some other non av stuff I found out
today that i can no longer play my wma files.

In both Rhythmbox and Movie Player (Totem) It pops up a window and
searches for plugins then returns No such luck. The requested plugins
are:  Windows Media Audio decoder.
I downloaded the restricted-packages when I first installed karmic and
everything played.
Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Thomas