/dev/snd/pcmC0D0p and /var/run/screen disappeared after reboot/kernel upgrade

Henk Postma henkpm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 05:25:43 UTC 2010

> "running ktorrent" is misnomer as "running ktorrent" doesn't mean
> literally running it, running == installed, so in theory, it means this
> can happen if you have ktorrent installed.  I would switch to
> transmission anyways, it's tons of fun better, or utorrent, they have a
> Linux build now, yes?

Yeah I uninstalled it but it didn't make any difference. The link I
found though talked explicitly about _running_, not just having it
installed:

http://www.mail-archive.com/kubuntu-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com/msg20599.html

Now I'm thinking the default ALSA output device has changed.
/dev/snd/pcmC0D0p means it's trying to playback to device 0, which is
actually the video tuner card. When I force mplayer to output to the
right hardware device, mplayer works. Now I need to change the default
alsa device so mythfrontend will pick it up as well.

Thanks,

-- Henk
Dr. Henk W.Ch. Postma, postma at csun.edu
http://www.csun.edu/~hpostma/
Assistant Professor, Department of Physics
California State University Northridge
18111 Nordhoff Street, Northridge, CA 91330-8268
phone: 1 818 677 6152, Office 1120C Live Oak Hall
fax: 1 818 677 3234