any tool which monitor my cpu temperature and shutdown my machine automatically

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Sun Jul 25 22:15:23 UTC 2010

On 7/25/10 12:12 PM, loody wrote:
> hi:
> Can this tool also automatically shutdown my machine if the
> temperature over the limit?
> appreciate your help,
> miloody

You don't need to worry about that loody, all machines within the last
(almost decade now) will automatically shut down if their thermal
sensors detect the processor go above the manufacture set maximum temp
which would cause damage to the CPU.  They also won't turn on if they
detect that no fan is running (this has been the last couple years in
all mother boards,) if the fan shut down (within the last couple years,)
and some boards will even detect if the temperature of the entire board
+ CPU is rising at a steady rate above normal (as sort of a secondary
diagnostic to double check the first two ~ this is very rare and mostly
only workstations and motherboards do this as they are critical).