new to ubuntu : my 2- in 1 media reader is no longer working

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 14:59:37 UTC 2010

2010/7/25 Patrice Tremblay <trembpat at gmail.com>:
> I've recently converted my mini HP 110-3053CA  netbook to run Ubuntu (Lucid,
> 10.04) instead of Windows 7.

A good choice in most cases.

> I really like Ubuntu. Its much faster then windows on this little machine

That's very expected.

> I had to work with the web help to make my sound card, and my wifi network
> to work again.

You are not alone there…

> my 2- in 1 media reader is no longer working.

What kinds of cards can you use in that reader and what kind of cards
did you try?
On the machine I use right now I have a card reader for some different
kinds of cards and I thought for a long time that it just didn't work
with Linux since nothing happened when I inserted a Memory Stick card
in it, but one day, I don't know why, I inserted an SD card and it
worked perfectly.

So it seems like some card readers are only partially supported.

Regards

Johnny Rosenberg