2 different version 10.04

John R. Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Sun Jul 25 03:58:55 UTC 2010

On Saturday July 24 2010 07:50:21 Liam Proven wrote:
> On 23 July 2010 16:57, John R. Sowden <jsowden at americansentry.net> wrote:
> > turning off the OOo quickstart did the trick!
>
> All you need to do is quit Quickstarter before you shut down. That
> works fine and you still get the benefit of it.
>
> > anyone know why I have 2 different versions of ubuntu 10.04?  (same
> > version when I run 'about ubuntu'.  maybe I show install 1 version on
> > both computer. But I don't know which to install, 10.04 or 10.04.  any
> > thoughts?
>
> Please explain: 2 different versions where or how, in what context?

I explained this originally.  I updated a version 9 via the net from ubuntu.
It is not ubuntu version 10.04, per the 'about ubuntu'.  the shutoff is in the
'terminal icon' in the upper right corner of the desktop screen.

I downloaded an iso image to upgrade a computer that is not connected to the
net, and I wanted to give copies to some employees.  that version (10.04 in
'about ubuntu') uses a circle/vertical line icon to initiate shutdown.  I
don't know what other differences.

why the difference?

John