Firefox Issues

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 24 18:40:11 UTC 2010

http://www.drudgereport.com/
http://www.drudgereport.com
>  I was at www,foxnews.com and clicked on one of the news articles.  It
> just folded up and crashed.  In the case of Foxnews, it isn't
> consistent.  It will open some news articles, yet crashes on others.

Are you 32bit or 64bit?

My guess would be a plugin/addon/extension issue. I've no problems with
any of the sites you mentioned (w/32bit and 64bit). Don't go about
reinstalling Firefox, instead try a test profile[1]. If that works, go
back to your regular profile and:

1. Clear all cache & cookies.
2. Disable all extensions & try the sites. If they work, reenable
one-by-one.
3. Disable all plugins & repeat.

$ firefox --P

Create Profile|Next|Test|Finish
Unclick 'Don't ask at startup' so that you can choose to go back to
'default' when you are finished. Select 'Test'. When you do go back to
'default' you can reclick 'Dont'...'. Click 'Start Firefox' - now test
the sites with the 'Test' profile.