Lenovo SL500 and Intel Graphics Card

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat Jul 24 15:46:47 UTC 2010

On 25/07/10 01:29, Alain Muls wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a Lenovo SL500 with an Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series
> Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller. I installed Lucid Lynx but
> have trouble with the Graphics. No acceleration and eg GoogleEarth can
> not be run.
>
> I installed Karmic Kaola on a USB startup disk and the acceleration is
> present in Karmic. How come I cannot get the same performance on
> Lucid?
>
> bye/Alain

The usual problem with what you are having is caused by not having the
driver for the video card/shipset installed.

Have a look here, as a starting point, and see if this helps - until
someone can come up with the spot-on answer for the problem with your
Lenovo:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Video

BC

--
A man kept complaining about not having shoes to wear - until he saw a man with no legs.