Audacity not recoding OS Playback

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat Jul 24 05:32:19 UTC 2010

On 24/07/10 04:36, Demis Cunha wrote:
> Hello. I am using Ubuntu 10.04 and I couldn't find a way to recording
> the sounds that is being processed by the OS with the Audacity. In the
> previous version 9.10 that worked fine.
>
> Any clue?
>
> Thanks in advance.

A couple of things come to mind: you do have sound on the system?[1] and
you do have the appropriate codecs installed?

[1] on command line do: gnome-volume-control which will bring up the
sound menu- see if the slider for Input is correctly set.

One other thing, you do have the proper channels opened (alsamixergui
and see if the one you would use to record are active).

BC

--
And God created Woman; and to repent He then created Beer.