Help

Guilherme Raymo Longo grlongo.ireland at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 03:49:48 UTC 2010

Kayode,
It's really simple to have VLC Player installed offline on your Ubuntu. The
only thing you'll need is the vlc package that can be found very easily.
After you get your vlc*.deb pkg all you have to do is to install it with the
command:

dpkg -i yourPKG.deb

Now, abt your internet connectivity I can't help you much without knowing
wich system are you on!

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 12:42 AM, Nathan Bahn <nathan.bahn at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 12:47 PM, kayode idode <kaymary4u at hotmail.com>wrote:
>
>>  I am new to ubuntu and for that matter, linux OS. I have two systems on
>> which I have ubuntu currently installed, one in the office and my laptop at
>> home.
>> The problems I have been having is that I have not been able to play any
>> music files or video files using the ubuntu OS. The system at home has no
>> internet connection. The one in the office has both Win 7 and Ubuntu
>> installed but I cannot seem to ever get the network to work whenever I am in
>> the Ubuntu OS. The network card interface shows connected, I can even view
>> the local network domain but I cannot seem to go online. The domain uses a
>> windows sbs server 2008 server for its dhcp and dns. could that be a
>> problem?
>> I would be very grateful if you could help me out on installing vlc player
>> offline. And also, how do I make sure that the "universe" is up and running
>> in the /etc/apt/sources.list file?
>> Thanks as I anxiously await your reply to these issues. Any good,
>> exhaustive manual that you have and which addresses these issues will be
>> graetly appreciated if I could have them.

> kayode idode--
> What versions of Ubuntu do you have on your machines?
> --N.B.
> See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html &
> http://www.openoffice.org (Nathan Bahn)

Guilherme Longo