CUPS PDF Problem

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 22 16:56:15 UTC 2010

On 07/21/2010 09:48 PM, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Eric Genaro P. Arceo wrote:
>> I have recently installed the CUPS PDF on my Ubuntu Lucid.  It works,
>> just that I have a problem in locating where the PDF files were
>> saved, if any.  Can you please offer suggestions on how to set the
>> directory where the printed PDF files go to.  Thanks.
>
> The output files are in the PDF directory which you should have in your
> home directory.

In many cases the PDF folder doesn't get created automatically.
@Eric: create a /home/PDF folder (note the all uppercase PDF). If the
folder doesn't exist the PDF's go into the ether.

You can modify this to another folder of your choice by:

$ gksu gedit /etc/cups-pdf.conf

and changing:

Out ${HOME}/PDF

to the folder of your choice.