Sound in 10.04

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 15:09:44 UTC 2010

My motherboard has onboard sound (how original!), it's a Foxconn ELA
(ICH10 I believe).

It has a digital out but in Ubuntu 10.04 I can only get stereo out no
surround out? The box used to be dual boot with Windows and under
Windows I could get my much loved 5.1 kit a 5.1 feed out from the box
but now it cries in stereo.

I suspect this is because of this (http://i43.tinypic.com/nn5lq1.png)

This is a screen shot of my sound preferences, as you can see only
stereo over digital is an option, why is this? Can I change this?

--
Regards,
James.

http://www.jamesbensley.co.cc/

There are 10 kinds of people in the world; Those who understand
Vigesimal, and J others...?