ubuntu 10.4 x86_64 IBM x3400 M3

M Thomason matt at warpedcore.net
Thu Jul 22 05:19:38 UTC 2010

On 22/07/2010 06:04, Richard Gliebe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've tried to install ubuntu-server 10.4 x86_64 LTS on a IBM x3400 M3
> Server (2CPUs, 4gig RAM, 2x ServeRAID-1).
>
> During installing the OS, everything works fine.
> Grub loader was installed on /dev/sda (first disk device)

Its been a few years since I had to install Linux on a box with hardware
raid, but did you check that it had picked up the RAID as an array
rather than as individual drives?

I may be completely out of the ballpark here, but its ringing alarm
bells in the back of my head.

If it is this however, it would indicate that you'd need to find a
third-party driver for the RAID to shove in and load during installation
(or find an alternative distro that supports the hardware)