autofs man page too old on my ubuntu LTS 10.04

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 20:42:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the following autofs man page, which is too old.
>
> I tried to search 'autofs' on http://packages.ubuntu.com/  under
> "Search the contents of packages". But I don't see which package I
> should install to get the latest man page. Could anybody show me what
> is the proper way to search a package? In particular, what package I
> should install to get the latest man page of autofs?
>
> --
Hello Peng,
When I just tried searching the contents of packages at
http://packages.ubuntu.com, it showed that /etc/init.d/autofs was in
the autofs5 package.  When I run

$ apt-file list autofs5

I see that it installs man pages for autofs5.

If you don't have apt-file installed, you can install it with:

$ sudo aptitude install apt-file
$ sudo apt-file update

--wpd