autofs man page too old on my ubuntu LTS 10.04

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 20:04:18 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have the following autofs man page, which is too old.

I tried to search 'autofs' on http://packages.ubuntu.com/  under
"Search the contents of packages". But I don't see which package I
should install to get the latest man page. Could anybody show me what
is the proper way to search a package? In particular, what package I
should install to get the latest man page of autofs?

--
Regards,
Peng

AUTOFS(8)                                                            AUTOFS(8)

NAME
       /etc/init.d/autofs - Control Script for automounter

SYNOPSIS
       /etc/init.d/autofs start|stop|restart|reload|status

DESCRIPTION
       autofs control the operation of the automount(8) daemons running on the
       Linux system. Usually autofs is invoked at system boot  time  with  the
       start  parameter and at shutdown time with the stop parameter. The aut‐
       ofs script can also manually be invoked by the system administrator  to
       shut down, restart or reload the automounters.

OPERATION
       autofs   will   consult  a  configuration  file  /etc/auto.master  (see
       auto.master(5)) by default to find mount points on the system. For each
       of  those mount points automount(8) will mount and start a thread, with
       the appropriate parameters, to manage the mount point.

       /etc/init.d/autofs  reload  will  check  the  current  auto.master  map
       against  running daemons. It will kill those daemons whose entries have
       changed and then start daemons for new or changed entries.

       If a map is modified then the change will become effective immediately.
       If the auto.master map is modified then the autofs script must be rerun
       to activate the changes.

       /etc/init.d/autofs status will  display  the  status  of,  automount(8)
       ,running or not.

SEE ALSO
       automount(8), autofs(5), auto.master(5).

AUTHOR
       This  manual  page was written by Christoph Lameter <chris at waterf.org>,
       for the Debi GNU/Linux system.  Edited by H.  Peter  Anvin  <hpa at trans‐
       meta.com>.

                                  9 Sep 1997                         AUTOFS(8)