external hard disk

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Wed Jul 21 16:10:09 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, July 20, 2010 9:08:49 pm NoOp wrote:

> *Please* bottom post on this list - thanks :-)
> [Proper quoting:]

It is not really bottom posting the guide requires, rather you are to post
your reply under what you quoted.  This action also usually causes the user to
remove excess clutter from his post and only include the relevant parts to
which he is replying.

> The links that I provided suggest:
> $ sudo apt-get install ntfsprogs
> $ sudo ntfsfix /dev/sd(x)
>
> and I suspect that will do the job. ...

That really ought to do the job but it IS a foreign file system and as such I
would rather use the tools designed by that foreign system to address the
problems that file system has.  Still that said, Linux DOES have some
remarkable tools and in most cases they are easier to work than the native
ones!!

> >> Did you try here first?
> >>
> >> <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&complete=0&q=
> >> "Error+mounting%3A+mount+exited+with+exit+code+13%3A+%24MFTMirr+does+not
> >> +match+%24MFT"&btnG=Search>

A lot of users DO try Google first but rapidly become confused because of the
massive amounts of info given.  They come here to find out what REALLY works
for their problem based on the experiences we all have had with problems
similar to what they are having.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403