external hard disk

muhamad nabulsi muhnabulsi at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 11:19:36 UTC 2010

this is the message after the sudo......

mohamad at mohamad-desktop:~$ sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt -o force
$MFTMirr does not match $MFT (record 0).
Failed to mount '/dev/sdb1': Input/output error
NTFS is either inconsistent, or there is a hardware fault, or it's a
SoftRAID/FakeRAID hardware. In the first case run chkdsk /f on Windows
then reboot into Windows twice. The usage of the /f parameter is very
important! If the device is a SoftRAID/FakeRAID then first activate
it and mount a different device under the /dev/mapper/ directory, (e.g.
/dev/mapper/nvidia_eahaabcc1). Please see the 'dmraid' documentation
for more details.
mohamad at mohamad-desktop:~$