load balancing tools across multiple machines

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 20:16:56 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have a job to run a several program with a set of different input
files. And I have several linux multi-core machines to run such a job.
Whenever the program run, it takes several MB input file and write a
several MB output file. The input files are at a file system. Each
machine has its own local file system. Therefore, it is better to copy
the input file if the file is not on the local disk where a program is
going to run. The output file is always written on the local disk.

I'm wondering what are the best load best tool on linux that can
handle many instance of the same program (with different input) on
multiple multicore machines.

--
Regards,
Peng