Grub Grief aGain

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 19 15:05:58 UTC 2010

Hi, I'm having a bit more trouble with grub again. I've a box with both
Ubuntu and openSUSE on various disks, using Ubuntu's grub2 to control
booting. It was working fine but now grub is giving me 'you need to load
the kernel first' errors when I try to boot openSUSE.

I can still boot into Ubuntu (karmic) and I can see the partition that
contains openSUSE. I've rerun update-grub but that didn't solve the
problem. I'm stuck for ideas as to what might be wrong (perhaps because
it's Monday?), so I'd be grateful for any ideas what to try next.

Thanks, Dave