Missing Hibernate on 10.04 laptop - how to correct?

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Sun Jul 18 12:51:26 UTC 2010

Folks,

I am missing the Hibernate function from my laptop (which was recently converted
to Lucid). In checking I found the following:

1. In the Release Notes (3-3 Hibernate may be unavailable with automatic
partitioning. The text says the swap is miss allocated and not at least the size
of the RAM, it also references Bug # 345126.

I have checked my system and sudo fdisk -l shows:
Device Boot Start End   Blocks
/dev/sda5   4677 4864	1510078+  82	Linux swap  / Solaris

In /etc/fstab the entry has been converted to a UUID type and shows:

UUID=fc3... none swap sw 0 0

Yet top shows:

Mem: 509160k total
Swap:	  0k total

So, it appears that the swap partition is not being mounted. Is there some other
way of checking? How do I get it mounted? There is no entry in /etc/mtab for
swap ( I do not think it needs to be there, however.)

Cheers,
Jay
--

Jay Ridgley