Nvidia driver issue

mdovell at comcast.net mdovell at comcast.net
Sat Jul 17 23:00:56 UTC 2010

Apparently I have an issue with nvidia's driver...I updated to 10.04 and it's been good so far this seems to be the only issue. This is what I get from accessing nvidia
"You do not appear to be using the NVIDIA X driver. Please edit your X configuration file (just run `nvidia-xconfig` as root), and restart the X server." I've installed and rebooted the laptop several times but it's the same. Basically I can't put on the extra effects saying "desktop effects could not be enabled" Under 9.10 it was fine..I've done no hardware modifications. I have 195.36.24 under current installed and 195.36.08 under settings installed..should I roll this back to the 180's or 170's?