Brasero

Preston Hagar prestonh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 18:58:01 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Martin Webster <lists at martinwebster.eu> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-07-16 at 10:34 -0500, Preston Hagar wrote:
>
>> The "original" cdrtools is still actively developed and fixed.  You
>> can get the info for the ppa for lucid and karmic here:
>>
>> https://launchpad.net/~brandonsnider/+archive/cdrtools
>
> I thought I'd give this a try.
>
> $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:brandonsnider/cdrtools
> $ sudo apt-get update
> $ sudo apt-get install cdrtools smake
> E: Couldn't find package cdrtools
>
> However, I could install the following, which I think are the main
> components of cdrtools:
>
> $ sudo apt-get install mkisofs cdrecord cdda2wav
>
> Should sudo apt-get install cdrtools install these three packages? Am I
> missing anything?
>

> --

those three packages should take care of it, not sure why they don't
have them wrapped up in a nice cdrtools package, but that should do
it.

If you want to, or are interested, here is a good forum subject about
downloading and compiling the source direct from the cdrtools website:

Before I found the ppa, this is actually how I did it, but in general,
I find being able to keep up to date with update manager and not
having to compile stuff is easier if I can get away with it.

Preston