i915 GPU hung error

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 16 02:04:07 UTC 2010

On 07/15/2010 05:12 AM, Albert Wagner wrote:
> On 07/14/2010 10:47 PM, NoOp wrote:
>> On 07/14/2010 08:01 PM, Albert Wagner wrote:
> Those who have experienced it know exactly what I am making reference to.
>> If I go looking for:
>> <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&complete=0&q="i915+GPU+hung+error"&btnG=Search>
>>
>> I only find posts by you referencing this thread. That's helpful eh?
>>

> How odd that Google works so much differently for you than for me. I get
> hundreds of hits on "i915 gpu hung".  Are you sure you are not fudging
> just a little?

Notice the exact url:
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&complete=0&q="i915+GPU+hung+error"&btnG=Search>
with quotation marks included.

> BTW, you knew well enough what the problem was on the
> 26th of June when you were very helpful replying to my original message
> "kernel error" and suggested I query Google. Why the change?  I am going
> to assume that you are just having a bad day.

No. I read & answer msgs serially. The same as any new user to this list
would most likely read them. A new list user will not know of the thread
of 26 June (just as I forgot it). I read/reply to many different
newsgroups/lists daily & have to admit that my CRS kicks in quite often
as well...

So if you start a new thread, rather than carry on from your old one
(which IMO would have been the logical thing to do), I think it
beneficial to all to at least provide some references; link to your old
thread, link to a specific bug report, link to an Ubuntu forum post,
search engine link, etc.