i915 GPU hung error

Albert Wagner albertwagner at cox.net
Thu Jul 15 12:12:12 UTC 2010

On 07/14/2010 10:47 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 07/14/2010 08:01 PM, Albert Wagner wrote:

>>> Do you have a bug report?
>>>

>> What do you mean "have"?  Have I filed a bug report?  Why bother with a
>> duplicate report when it is obvious that dozens, if not hundreds, have
>> already filed? Google makes it clear that Intel is aware of the problem
>> and has been uploaded info from every linux distribution out there.  I
>> fail to see how that is relevant to my query regarding workarounds.  Do
>> you know of a cheap sound card for the Dell Dimension 2400 that will be
>> automatically detected and that that has good drivers automatically loaded?
>>
> Meaning, do you have a specific bug report to reference? Afterall, users
> on this list may not have a clue as to what issues you are having with
> i915&  certainly may not bother to go hunting for them if you can't
> provide specifics. You mention " i915 GPU hung error" but provide no
> additional information. Then you complain about a sound issue - it "i915
> GPU hung error" related to a sound or graphics (GPU) issue?

Those who have experienced it know exactly what I am making reference to.
> If I go looking for:
> <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&complete=0&q="i915+GPU+hung+error"&btnG=Search>
>
> I only find posts by you referencing this thread. That's helpful eh?

How odd that Google works so much differently for you than for me. I get
hundreds of hits on "i915 gpu hung".  Are you sure you are not fudging
just a little?  BTW, you knew well enough what the problem was on the
26th of June when you were very helpful replying to my original message
"kernel error" and suggested I query Google. Why the change?  I am going
to assume that you are just having a bad day.