Video HW output with ATI

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 18:27:44 UTC 2010

When I had an ATI card, I used EnvyNG to get a supported driver
installed, and added some extra lines in my xorg.conf...What are the
hiccups you get, is it lines accorss the screen that look like the
frame isn't rendering downthe screen quick enough? (screen tear
basically)

I swapped out for an nVidia card thinking this would fix it. I also
installed the official nVidia drivers but no; the problem I was
facing, for which I Googled for many hours, lead me to a the line for
my xorg.conf to fix this;

Section "Extensions"
       Option "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection

This may or may not fix the problem, if you too are experiancing
screen tear, but on an ATI card.

Sorry thats the best I have to offer :s

--
Regards,
James.

http://www.jamesbensley.co.cc/

There are 10 kinds of people in the world; Those who understand
Vigesimal, and J others...?