Headphone Jack

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 14 17:04:25 UTC 2010

On 07/13/2010 05:00 AM, Elaine Home wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 lucid lynx.  I started to use my head phones
> today and expected it to work and it didn't.
>
> I've reinstalled alsa and it shows up headphone in the GNOME alsa mixer
> but I can't hear anything through my headphones!
>
> Another thing in gnome alsa mixer when I mute the headphones column  the
> speakers stops working...weird!
>
> I'm baffled as to what I can do.....how do I detect to see the headphone
> jack is ok when I have my headphones plugged in.

Depends upon your hardware. Perhaps you are affected by this bug:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/573284>
[0x1179ffe0 needs olpc-xo-1_5 model quirk for hp]

These may, or may not, be of help (I have been having headphone issues
on my HP laptop since karmic):
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SoundTroubleshooting
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HdaIntelSoundHowto