potential newbie with questions (please be gentle)

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Wed Jul 14 14:52:56 UTC 2010

On 7/14/2010 9:48 AM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 10:02:09 -0400
> Jerry Bolt <jerry.bolt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Device:  eth0
>> Type: wired
>
> Hi, Jerry, and welcome!
>
> Please do us all a favor and peruse this document:
> http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct
> which details our expected conduct (not that there's anything wrong,
> just FYI)  and this one:
> which details the mechanics of /how/ to properly post.  My eyes are
> shaking from trying to go from bottom to top of posts on this thread.
>
> Pay particular attention to this part:
> Technical guidelines
>
> Proper quoting:
> Proper quoting is very important on mailing lists, to ensure that it is
> easy to follow the conversation. There are four fundamental rules:
>
> When replying to an email, ensure that the email which you are replying
> to is indented with a symbol such as > or | (this is usually done from
> the preferences of your email client - most should do this by default).
>
> When quoting, attribute the quoted text to the person who wrote it
> (again, most email clients will do this by default). Be careful to
> attribute the correct text to the correct person.
>
> Write your email underneath the email which you are replying to.
>
> Tailor your reply to fit the text which you are replying to. Do not
> quote the whole of the previous email - remove any unnecessary text. To
> avoid confusion, it's often a good idea to replace removed text with a
> brief indication that something has been removed, like [snip].
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

Pointless spam.  You provided no real useful information other than a
rant from your problems with quality control.  You should look at the
part about spam since this message along with your message are both
considered spam by all means since they are OT.  Maybe next time instead
of making yourself look like an ass, you go ahead and reply to him
directly, and not all of us.  So you don't waste my 1KB with your
useless information.

--
Cheers,

Jordon Bedwell