potential newbie with questions (please be gentle)

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 14 14:48:05 UTC 2010

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 10:02:09 -0400
Jerry Bolt <jerry.bolt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Device:  eth0
> Type: wired

Hi, Jerry, and welcome!

Please do us all a favor and peruse this document:
http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct
which details our expected conduct (not that there's anything wrong,
just FYI)  and this one:
which details the mechanics of /how/ to properly post.  My eyes are
shaking from trying to go from bottom to top of posts on this thread.

Pay particular attention to this part:
Technical guidelines

Proper quoting:
Proper quoting is very important on mailing lists, to ensure that it is
easy to follow the conversation. There are four fundamental rules:

When replying to an email, ensure that the email which you are replying
to is indented with a symbol such as > or | (this is usually done from
the preferences of your email client - most should do this by default).

When quoting, attribute the quoted text to the person who wrote it
(again, most email clients will do this by default). Be careful to
attribute the correct text to the correct person.

Write your email underneath the email which you are replying to.

Tailor your reply to fit the text which you are replying to. Do not
quote the whole of the previous email - remove any unnecessary text. To
avoid confusion, it's often a good idea to replace removed text with a
brief indication that something has been removed, like [snip].

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs