file permissions

Gryllida gryllida at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 22:40:54 UTC 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gryllida <gryllida at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 17:41:33 +0930
Subject: file permissions
To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com

Hello. I store some files on a windows XP machine. The windows user
shared them with permission everyone full control.

 I'm on Ubuntu 10.04, and while being able to edit them all-right,
when I make new files, they have only me on the permissions list.
resulting in the windows user unable to open them...

 The files themselves are stored on the other machine, not on this one
, I get to it by smb://ip/.

What can I configure to fix it?

Possibly to make the files I create inherit the permissions of the
directory I'm making them in?