os that rather uses the gpu?

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Tue Jul 13 22:17:19 UTC 2010

On 7/13/2010 5:04 PM, Calcpage wrote:

> I'd be interested in such a solution for running apps a la custers in
> parallel.  Is there anything like that available.
>
> Actually, I'd be interested in any kind of clustering solution that
> works with Ubuntu on multicore boxes and/or LANs.

I have heard of a few companies and Universities working on GPU
clustering specifically for FOSS, but I have seen nothing thus far come
of it.  There was one company that even showed off their Tesla based GPU
clustering.  If you are just looking for true clustered computing
technically, it doesn't matter about your distro. When it comes to
Beowulf clusters, it still doesn't matter but theoretically, the
hardware and distros should remain consistent, you know how us
Administrators are about consistency and you know how labs don't like to
mix hardware because money doesn't grow on trees.  This is a small
tutorial on how to build a cluster:
http://www.linux.com/community/blogs/Building-a-Beowulf-Cluster-in-just-13-steps-.html

--
Cheers,