Flash freezes 64bit 10.04

Rick Berger rberger at rogers.com
Tue Jul 13 07:50:55 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-07-12 at 02:25 -0500, Jordon Bedwell wrote:

> On 7/12/2010 2:23 AM, Rick Berger wrote:

> >> Maybe you want to join in on this bug?
> >> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/603882
> >>
> >> Have you tried a test profile?
> >>

> > Ok, I think I got things working longer now. I removed the NVIDIA
> > accelerated graphics driver. Flash works and the whole system boots and
> > comes up a lot faster. Although the system just hung after watching and
> > listening to two hours of live.tiwt.tv.
> >

> That could simply just be a timeout issue from the server that is
> serving the Flash. I've heard of flash doing that on any system with
> feeds so long.
>

> - --
> Cheers,
>
> Jordon Bedwell
> http://envygeeks.com

My system hanging isn't totally do to Flash because today it hung a few
times when there were no applications using Flash. The shortest instance
being once right after an X login when I had just powered up.

By hanging I mean the system does not respond to the keyboard or mouse
buttons, though I can move the mouse pointer around in most of
instances. In some instances when I was watching a podcast I did notice
the audio continue for a while after the video stopped and the keyboard
locked up.

Although this started with what looked like a Flash problem, I don't
think it is totally. (Flash as been removed and reinstalled with
Synaptic.)

Any move suggestion or what I could look for in the log files that would
identify the problem, would be appreciated.

Rick