Ultimate Edition 2.8 need some help...

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Jul 13 05:27:30 UTC 2010

On 13/07/10 13:37, NoOp wrote:
> On 07/12/2010 08:16 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:

>>> My apologies; I was not aware of that.
>>>

>> Is OK.
>>

>>> That said, nvidia-173 does not support GeForce4 according to the package
>>> description.
>>>

>> The main thing was to get him going as quickly as possible. I have the
>> MX440 on another computer and I was pretty sure that I have 173 for it;
>>
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_96.43.16.html
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_173.14.25.html
>
> Click 'Supported Products' on both.

I will confirm or deny this later as I cannot get at my wife's computer
at the moment, but I now seem to recall that it will not boot into the
gui login screen at all with the nvidia driver installed - it boots into
the command line login; as a result I am pretty sure that her computer
is running on the default nvidia driver.

(At this point I must add that I have yet to change her over to Ubuntu
and she is therefore using another Linux distro.)

BC

--
I used to be conceited but now I know I am perfect.