Setting up Samba on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx)

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 13 03:51:03 UTC 2010

On 07/12/2010 05:57 PM, Tom Rue wrote:
> I purged and then tried sharing a directory. It installed Samba and this was
> the result when I tried again to share a folder:
>
> "'net usershare' returned error 255: net usershare add: share name tom is
> already a valid system user name"

Again; please bottom post (meaning put your reply below mine).

You will normally get that if you are attempting to share an existing
folder/home folder. Try a different folder; perhaps the 'Downloads' or
'Public' folder. Note: put a file in either so you can check from the
other machine & see the file.