Picture software

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Tue Jul 13 01:14:10 UTC 2010

On 7/12/2010 8:11 PM, Jim Smith wrote:
> Is there a simple utility for re-sizing photos? I need to take a few
> pictures from a digital camera and make them smaller in order to use
> them as wallpaper on mobile devices. Gimp didn't work for me, probably a
> user error, and Picasa didn't have an option to create a custom size.
> I'm using  Karmic.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Jim

Both F-Spot and Gimp are able to do that by default.  F-Spot is the
equivalent to Windows Picture Viewer (F-Spot was out first of course)
and Gimp is the Linux users throwdown tool to Photoshop (though it has a
sharp learning curve coming from Photoshop ~ I mean really sharp).

--
Cheers,

Jordon Bedwell
http://envygeeks.com