Setting up Samba on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx)

Tom Rue tomrue at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 00:57:01 UTC 2010

I purged and then tried sharing a directory. It installed Samba and this was
the result when I tried again to share a folder:

"'net usershare' returned error 255: net usershare add: share name tom is
already a valid system user name"

Tom

tomrue at gmail.com
tomrue.net | carmenrue.com
history.tomrue.net
choicescounseling.tomrue.net

privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure under applicable
law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination,
distribution, copying, or other use of this communication or any of its
attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message
and deleting this message, any attachments, and all copies and backups from
your computer.