Setting up Samba on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx)

Tom Rue tomrue at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 23:13:22 UTC 2010

Thanks for the reply! I tried smb://192.168.122.1 (this box's IP according
to ifconfig). I also tried the external IP address in the same format.
Neither worked.

When you say "purge samba", do you mean uninstall and reinstall?

I've been slogging through, as you say, all afternoon. Best hope I found
was http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1169149, but none of those
ideas have worked.

Tom

tomrue at gmail.com
tomrue.net | carmenrue.com
history.tomrue.net
choicescounseling.tomrue.net

privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure under applicable
law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination,
distribution, copying, or other use of this communication or any of its
attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message
and deleting this message, any attachments, and all copies and backups from
your computer.