Windows Rant

Nathan Bahn nathan.bahn at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 23:04:15 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Angus MacGyver <
macgyver at calibre-solutions.co.uk> wrote:

> [...]
>
> I've probably heard them all - and more, my mother is by far the best
> example (in the technology arena) of the developer's mantra of "....the
> universe will make better idiots"
> It might help if she actually read her notes she makes on "Post-It"'s
> mind, but that is just one frustrating, but nonetheless, endearing part
> of what make my mother who she is.
> [...]

A.MG.--

I'm curious as to exactly HOW you persuaded your mother to upgrade to
Linux.  The reason I ask is that I have a *whole SLEW* of people using my
router to browse (from Windows OSs, naturally) the web and I'm finding it
quite difficult to get them to do their browsing from a non-administrative
account.  Any suggestions on how to sell Linux would be greatly appreciated.

--N.B.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html &
http://www.openoffice.org (Nathan Bahn)